Parent role is a specially created and customised Moodle role. You can create ANY new or adjust existing role in Moodle to suit your needs (for example, Parent may be renamed to Mentor and have the settings slightly changed to suit the purpose).
Because this site is open to guests to allow you to see everything, the Parent role here does not work exactly as it would in a real school Moodle.
In a real school Moodle,as a Parent, you can only see your children's grades and other details per each course. In the profile of your child, click on the name of the course you want to see details for.
Below, we have listed a few examples you can jump to straight away. Steps:
2. Return to this screen (automatic!), logged in as Joyce Gardner.
3. Browse the example(s) you would like to see:
- customise My Home with quick access to your children's details
- view your child's profile,
- read your child's grades in a course
- read your child's activity in a course
- read your child's blog posts
- exchange messages with your children's teacher
- participate in the Parents & Citizens committee
Want to be a different parent?
No problem; full list of accounts is here. Most of these have little or no activity so you can get creative.